• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical question on 1997 m1083

Ronmar

Sounds like you may have another issue in the PDP. If you have no crank and the fuel solenoid not wanting to power up... did you get a chance to check power at the PDP test points with the switch on?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes every thing meters out since cable arking was repaired. i havnt had to jumper wire the fuel solenoid since the i repaired the arking issue

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s a simple 24v contactor relay. Is yours bad? It’s easy to test it. I have replaced them with smaller relays. No reason for it to be that big.
I put a meter on the starter relay on the frame today with truck running im getting 28 volt on the big stud to the rear of the truck and .34 on the big stud toward the front of the truck. what is the correct way to test that relay?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The two large terminals are 24v and the starter solenoid positive connection. When the relay engages it puts 24v to the starter solenoid and it cranks. The two smaller terminals are ground and a positive will come from the start relay in the dash panel when you press the start switch. Meter one small terminal make sure the ground has a good ground and you can clip a lead onto the positive and give it 24v see if the solenoid closes and it cranks.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK thanks i will try that in the morning . I replaced my push button with a 12v key switch . When i flip the master on and turn the key it clicks in the pdp so i assume the key switch is working so now move to testing the relay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks