• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How I removed Genset from wooden skid without hoist.

enem178

When my MEP 803 was delivered, I wasn’t expecting it to be on a wooden skid. The driver only had a pallet jack so he couldn’t take the generator off the skid. It’s nothing special but I thought I’d share how I removed the skid without a hoist. While you won’t need a hoist, you will need 4 jack stands and a floor jack. Jack stand placement is critical because if they are too far inside there won’t be enough room to slide the skid out.

I used the floor jack to lift the generator up a few inches above the skid. I did one end at a time. With the generator off the skid I put put the jack stands under the tie down links. The good thing about using these is the links are towards the corners of the generator which give you a little more room to slide the skid out. From there you can lower the generator to the ground or install casters if you like. If this has been covered in the past forgive me. Hope it helps someone. In the near future I’ll be adding casters along with a way to attach my trailer dolly. Stay tuned.

Attachments

Triple Jim

The trucking company that brought mine insisted that the sender put it on a pallet (skid). I told them it has one built in, but they wouldn't listen. Everything has to be on a separate pallet. There should be an exception for items that are made with an integral skid.

m32825

The trucking company that brought mine insisted that the sender put it on a pallet (skid). I told them it has one built in, but they wouldn't listen. Everything has to be on a separate pallet. There should be an exception for items that are made with an integral skid.
Gives you a pallet to mount your fuel drum on!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks