• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 questions

JEB

There is a M38A1 near me, it might...or might not...be worth a look.
So I have a couple of questions...
-It's been retrofitted with a Buick V-6. Is that easily undone? Are stock 4s available?
-The seller says it's a '64 (I understand that's late in the production run but the Marines bought some late ones..and it looks to be painted in USMC colors. Legit? I've read the USMC units had differences to Army trucks. If true, what are they?
-Aside from the obvious rust issues, anything to look for?I
The listing seems to suggest someone is selling it on behalf of a widow, so I doubt if there is much history or information to be had about the vehicle.

Thanks...

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely worth a look. Yes the '64's were USMC and had lockers supposedly. The V6 is easily undone and the setup with bellhousing adapter etc will be in demand by someone building a flat fender CJ. Plenty of F134 engines around still.
Edit: other USMC specific items are the "airlift" rear bumper.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks