• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinhole leak at side-rear of fuel pump on M923A0

manders

Hello to all!

I've got a pinhole leak towards the side-rear of the fuel pump. I discovered it while doing the warm-up and walk around, and it put out maybe 2 cups of fuel in the 5 minutes it was idling.

I was running out of both time and daylight and neglected to get any pictures, but I believe the leak is coming from the gasket in this picture (red arrow).

PinholeLeak.png

I'll have a chance to get better pictures in about a week or so, but presuming that the problem is just an old worn out gasket, is this a straightforward repair that this mechanically-inclined-but-not-mechanic hobbyist can perform? Or do I need to take it to a pump rebuild place?

More info ...

I relocated about 2 months ago and temporarily parked my truck in a nice 14'x40' storage facility in northern Idaho with all my other household crap. As it is about a 2 hour drive from my new abode, I've only had a chance to drive my truck twice since late August, both short trips of < 5 miles each, with the last trip about 5 weeks ago, and the leak was not present before yesterday. The weather until a few weeks ago was 75-85, but it wouldn't surprise me if the temp inside the unit regularly got into the 90's, so I'm wondering if the warm-&-dry conditions plus the lack of driving just dried out the seal.

Thanks for the guidance.

MAnders.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Common gasket for the pump. Just 4 bolts with a 7/16 head on them. The little bell just pops off and new gasket and go. Under it is the shaft for the governor shims and fuel button but you wont be touching those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks