• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best quality oil filter for the Humvee ?

Hummermark

Hi with so many makes of oil filter available for the diesel Humvee engine which is the best quality ie filtering price aside?
Have seen on YouTube various filters cut open and the filter medium pretty poor in some.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Amsoil. Fleetguard will be the top of the line units. CAT filters are pretty excellent quality part # is a 3I-1099 which i believe is a Donelson.

There is a larger 2 qt version filter but it has the same 18 to 21 micron filter rating.

If you want better filtration then go with a Puradyn Bypass system. They state 45 to 65,000 miles without an oil change.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fantastic link mate
That link is for the HUMMER, some parts are not correct for the HUMVEE, particularly the fuel filters, the civy world would not have put up with that piece of junk they put on the Humvee

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In another world and lifetime I was in the parts biz 20 years...

In a simple nutshell, Any filter will do the trick. Even no name brands are either made by the biggies or Champion labs which is a quality product iSo 9000 certified, but there is a huge exception. FRAM IS TOTAL JUNK. I do not believe any major Parts store stocks the brand anymore. Kmart kept them alive and now Wal mart & home depot. I used to have a 3 filter display made by wix of a wix, fram, and delco filter cut open. The fram would shock you as to how bad they are,

I have used Wix on my 5 ton and tend to buy master cartons of 12 ( bulk packaged filters without individual boxes) of private label brands like Napa which is wix ,Valvoline, etc to save $ for my family cars/trucks.

Never had a problem and the trick is to change on regular interval or before religiously.
YMMV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks