• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

None or very little metal prep rust preventer

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I need some ideas on what to use for a cross member in a 50 Dodge, the cross member is 2 part and its hollow between the two parts but access is limited to 2 2" holes one on each bottom side end of the cross member. The metal inside is relatively clean and rust free at this time. Do you know of something I can spray in the two access holes to coat the inside of this cross member to help stop any possible future problems? Now another complication, the entire frame will be going in for powder coating after this rust prevention is done so whatever is used needs to be still there after being baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes! Any ideas would certainly be appreciated folks.

Thanks
Karl

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just saw this yesterday.. Eastwood makes a inner frame rust sealer in a spray can.. Just search, Rust Encapuslator and you’ll see plenty of options.. just be careful of application... some must be used on complete rust only, otherwise they will never harden..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks