• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1078 Speedometer

n7vxb

After a lot of thought I finally purchased a 1078a0 ! New batteries new tires (NOS XZL's) and both driveshafts rebuilt. Starts and runs great this one is a 1997 Stewart and Stevenson. A few air leaks and CTIS is not working correctly but 1 fix at a time. first I replaced the air governor which now has the air pressure correct and brakes happy but made the air leaks show up. My question today is
the speedometer is off ...way off says I'm doing 80 when I am doing 35. It appears to be new, is it mechanical with a gear or does it have a magnetic pickup? haven't pulled the dash to trace it yet. Thought I would ask the wizards here and save some time. I am sure I will have more questions after I change all the fluids and fix air leaks. Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There a dip switches on the speedo and the pickup is in the tail of the transmission. There is a lmtv forum you should ask to have your post moved there.

Ronmar

Now I think if you search speedometer in this section, you will probably come across posts with photos/descriptions of the dip switch settings on the back. i believe they are also described in the Tech Manuals. Have you downloaded those yet, they are available up at the top of the main forum in the TM section, under present conflict vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks