• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm, Something just doesn't seem right

Barrman

Monday evening I was papering and taping all four glass parts for the M35 cab. While I was doing it, Colton and the dogs were running around me and Jennifer was talking to me some. Got a phone call or two as well.

Tuesday evening I hung the windshield up from MIG wire and put the door glass on saw horses. First coat went on great. Nice breeze and 70 degree temps flashed it in about 20 minutes. I go to start the second coat and something just doesn't look right on the drivers front glass. I was painting away when it hit me. I forgot to paper the outside!

Yep, I was painting the glass. Too late to do anything about it then, so I just kept on painting. Below is a picture of the glass after I figured out a razor cleans it up ok.

I also figured out that using the 7 screw holes meant to bolt the glass to the windshield frame to hang it for painting is not a good idea. The hinge is so far over that a 1/4" strip of the hinge doesn't get painted. You know, the part everybody on the ground is going to see everytime the look at your truck. I of course figured this out Wednesday after I had removed all the paper and tape along with all the overspray on the one pictured below.

Retaped, hinge folded and paint applied. Everything looks ok this morning. I will try to shove new weather stripping in Friday.

Attachments

sermis

RE: Hmmm, Something just doesn

I was too lazy to tape the windshield glass off so I just painted and scraped it down with the razor blade. If you are careful and don’t hit the frame it cleans up good. I also need new windshield glass as they got hit with a light blast of sand when blasting so now they have a light haze.
Forgot to roll the door glasses up so the frame is still nasty tan CARC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks