• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 position electrical connector

Spagman

Hello,
I am trying to source both halves of an electrical connector that is used in a few locations on the 6.5L engine harness. This connector is used in the interface to the tachometer sending unit and also on the crank sensor at the front of the engine on the drivers side. It is a 2 position connector that is keyed (via internal step) between the male and female halves. Pictures of both connector halves are attached.

My goal is to make a y cable to splice in other signal connections without cutting into the existing truck harness. I checked with Erik's Military Supply and came up short.

20191026_125657_HDR.jpg20191026_125711.jpg20191026_125602.jpg20191026_125654_HDR.jpg

Appreciate any help you can provide locating these connectors.

Thanks.

REF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
update

What your looking for is a Cannon Sure Seal Series connector Male P/N 120-8552-00 Female P/N 120-8551-00 and the pins are 3308672000 crimp pin and 0318703000 crimp socket.
I have purchased them at several places like epay and www.newark.com
happy hunting
Randy

Not that I am promoting any place to purchase these parts but for info you can go to the web sight listed above put the listed part numbers in their search field and pull up more info on the connectors. It took a lot of searching for me to find these, just trying to save you time.

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some people call them Packard connectors. I bought a bunch off the-Bay a while back just to have them. A crimping tool is useful, or you might try soldering (crimper ex. Buchanan C-24). Protip: put a little dielectric grease on any of these you take apart, so they can be taken apart later without yanking and swearing.
BDGR

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pics he is showing are not standard Packard connectors. Each has 2 pin, and is both male and female.

He might need to make a replacement

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks