• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helped a gentleman whose car slid into a ditch

Ajax MD

Bravo. Not too many good points to attach a strap for a lateral pull on a car like that. I'd have worried about tearing the wheel off.

I hope the driver was uninjured. Were you just passing by and happened to notice the car in the ditch?

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Thanks for taking the time to Care about another Traveler.

I always thought that there is no way to pull,drag, hook onto the aluminum rims without destroying them. They are really pretty handy to strap to and recover all types of vehicles.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job guys but I have to ask. How in the he11 does someone drive off a gravel road like that? Texting? Deer? Drunk?

You can't drive that fast in that car on that gravel to lose control. Maybe he just wanted to take a nap and parked there.

Why yes, yes I am cynical.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He was turning around.
He back in and miss judge where he was at due to rain and all windows a little fogged.
He was not familiar with the area and goofed it happens and we were more than happy to help him and extremely happy we were willing.
Aside from a couple of bumper pannels popping out which were popped back in zero damage to him or car.

charlesmann

Bravo. Not too many good points to attach a strap for a lateral pull on a car like that. I'd have worried about tearing the wheel off.

I hope the driver was uninjured. Were you just passing by and happened to notice the car in the ditch?

iv seen recovery/rotator/wreckers pull loaded 18 wheelers from a quagmire or lift them from the front rims. granted they were also using another rotator to pull from the back of the trailer as well, but still yarded from the aluminum wheel, without tearing the wheel/axle up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks