• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front license and bench seat typs

beehumvee

Hello dear friends

I am close to have my license plates soon, and I am wondering how do you install the front license plate in the three holes place in the front bumper... without drilling the lady of course...

On the other hand, I have adquired a beanch seat to install it between the two rear seats on a four man configuration, and I am wondering as well about the best place to install it... this time i have to drill the lady, I have no other chance... but I am worried about what is on the other side of the floor... any typ is welcomed!

Thank you for your help20191102_173035.jpg20191102_173051.jpg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine came with the winch plate. I used one existing hole, and drilled one 1/4" hole for the other side.

If I had your style front, I'd use zip toes, or maybe weld a small bracket onto the brush guard to bolt it to , either near the center bottom, or below one of the turn signals.

Wire Fox

I'm going to advise against the bench seat, especially if this is for kids. There's almost no rollover protection in the HMMWV, and putting a bench on top of the bed/tunnel puts those occupants beyond what little protection there is. Absolutely the same goes for anyone sitting in troop seats on a 2-man setup, so I keep those for consenting adults aware of the danger, or parade speed only where a rollover is just improbable.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

beehumvee

Hi all!

Here in Spain it is not allow to have the plates fitted with zip ties. They have to be fixed in hard way, with volts or so...

Regarding the bench seat, i am planning to use it for short drives only...

Any typ?

Thankyou!

papakb

Here in California I haven't run a front plate on the HMMWV for almost 20 years. Experience has shown me that as long as your driving in a responsible manner with these trucks you don't get pulled over.

BLK HMMWV

Hi all!

Here in Spain it is not allow to have the plates fitted with zip ties. They have to be fixed in hard way, with volts or so...

Regarding the bench seat, i am planning to use it for short drives only...

Any typ?

Thankyou!
It still won't have any rollover protection even on a short drive!!!
The floor is aluminum so unless your adding some kind of backing plates under the floor or fastening it into the cross members there isn't much to secure the seat too.
I would strongly suggest not to install a bench seat.

As to the front license plate tap a few holes into the bumper or drill it and use nuts and bolts.

Awol

There's a lot of H1s and Hmmwvs running a small bench between the rear seats. On the H1 it was a dealer add on. I dont know how they mounted it, but I'm sure it's a pretty straightforward process.

Crapgame

I looked at a Land Rover 110 Defender fold down bench seat to bolt in the cargo bed for temporary/limited use.

It is still going to need some engineering under the tunnel for bolting it in and mounting restraint systems, but those won't help in a rollover. Short of a steel tubing H1/GMV C Pillar and/or engineering a full rollcage, I'm not sure what you can do about that

cwajciec

I used 2 self tapping screws for the plates front and rear. Interestingly, there were already holes in the right spots on my national guard GP truck.

BLK HMMWV

Wait !! your relying on 4 self taping screws to hold a bench seat and passenger's to your truck?
I have to ask what the seat belts are held on with ? Flex tape? Gorilla Glue ? maybe Velcro
or maybe no seatbelts

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on, this is serious.
You should at least use bailing wire or 100 mile per hour tape, not zip ties and duct tape.
Think of the children.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks