• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing Trac-Lok Clutch Retaining Clip - Can't Get Spider Gears Out

huskerfan

Hey guys - Need some help on removing the spider gears from my 60 on my 86 M1028.

I tore the front axle down to replace the inner axle seals since they were leaking, and when i pulled the carrier, i noticed that the clutch discs retaining clips on one side of the carrier had both broken and gotten wedged in their holes. I was able to take them out and have new ones, but i can't get the spider gears removed so that i can drop the clutch discs and slide the new retaining clips back in. I pulled the crosspin, but the spider gears will not budge. Tried putting the shafts in and having a buddy hold one shaft while i tried to spin the other shaft, but no luck. Any ideas here, or am i missing something?

andyh1956

Here U go!
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://media.spicerparts.com/cfs/files/media/kF8WeN3yGdv9Pn52d/5314-2.pdf?store=original[/FONT]

huskerfan

Thank you so much!!! I had messed around with it and got them out by partially putting the axle shaft back in the axle housing, propping the carrier in there, sticking a screw driver in the axle shaft to prevent it from turning, and rotating the carrier by partially sliding the crosspin in and using a cheater pipe on it while i had a long piece of all thread slid in on the other side of the axle as a spreader for the side gears. It was some definite redneckery that's for sure lol

This manual will make it a lot easier to get back together as i had to come about the way i did it from many different resources. thank you again!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks