• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UPPER and LOWER cab bushings ! Has anyone made replacements out of heavy rubber?

AllenF

Clearly some are more than happy to pay what ever for items and to them I say more power to you. However these are simple and made from inexpensive material. If hockey pucks are a viable option then these price gougers will soon have to readjust their prices. If we all roll over and pay they win at our expense. If we find a better/ cheaper option we win. Do as you see fit with your money. I have learned that it is always best to question and examine. I am also willing to pay more when the replacement item will last longer and or perform better. I have no interest in leaving this truck as is due to historical appearance and accuracy. After 20 years of technology moving on, I feel confident that there is room to modify or find sources that drive down cost. From what I have seen here, this is pretty much the overall feeling too. Different strokes...

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clearly some are more than happy to pay what ever for items and to them I say more power to you. However these are simple and made from inexpensive material. If hockey pucks are a viable option then these price gougers will soon have to readjust their prices. If we all roll over and pay they win at our expense. If we find a better/ cheaper option we win. Do as you see fit with your money. I have learned that it is always best to question and examine. I am also willing to pay more when the replacement item will last longer and or perform better. I have no interest in leaving this truck as is due to historical appearance and accuracy. After 20 years of technology moving on, I feel confident that there is room to modify or find sources that drive down cost. From what I have seen here, this is pretty much the overall feeling too. Different strokes...
Everything about this opinion is so naive. You're free to do as you wish, but if you can't figure out why a part 4x the size, for a truck 4x the size, would cost 4x as much, it seems like the topic is lost on you. I'm happy to get discounted or surplus parts whenever I can, but if I have to buy them new I'm not confused about why they cost more than for 1/2 ton pickup.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The supply of surplus parts is low compared to the flood of things we saw years ago. One reason 939 series parts are so cheap on ebay andnwhat not is cause GL flooded the market and the trucks were all mostly out of the military inventory so there was no need to keep them in military warehouses. The LMTVs are being surplus'd out but not in the 500 or more trucks a month we saw with the 939s. You all know they are still in use by lots of units so they keep what is needed.
3 or 5yrs from now there may be a lot of available parts. That will really depend on the price shenanigans of gov planet on getting rid of stuff.
In going directly to the manufacturer they are required to charge you more than they do the government. Finding a suitable alternative is what some folks will have to do. There are people and companies that will pay that high price for those bushings. I hear it from people who price shop everyday.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Alot of the lmtv spare parts end up at the yards where gov agencies like forestry and fire depts get their trucks. They all complained about parts cost and availability. If the part is on hand they can get it for a small service fee.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks