• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UPPER and LOWER cab bushings ! Has anyone made replacements out of heavy rubber?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was wondering if any SS folks had attemped to make a set of bushings out of some kind of thick rubber instead of paying thru the nose forfactory bushings

Reworked LMTV

Since it is just a round donut, just make a couple out of polyurethane.
Was wondering if any SS folks had attemped to make a set of bushings out of some kind of thick rubber instead of paying thru the nose forfactory bushings

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking after seeing how obliterated my bottom bushing are was to take a 3 or 4 inch hole saw and cut sidewalls out of commercial truck tires or something bigger in scrapyard since they have belts in the side walls they wouldnt burst open over time like the factory or polyurthane !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont know how to post pic on SS but mine were just busted open all the way around the puck

Asymair95

There is a gentleman either on here or the fb page that is selling poly ones. I will find his name and post if you’re interested. They are currently in production so you have to get on a list. All of mine are shot also.

Asymair95

Scott Dewitt is the fellas name. Not sure if he’s a member here or not, I found him on the fb page.

Is there a video or instructional blog on how to change these things? Change them with cab up, or down?

Asymair95

Scott Dewitt is the fellas name. Not sure if he’s a member here or not, I found him on the fb page.

Is there a video or instructional blog on how to change these things? Change them with cab up, or down?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Scott said he was having more made up. I remove the grill, unbolt both sides, start to raise cab just a bit and the front lifts enough to swap them. The key is doing them both at the same time. If you dont unbolt both the cab wont lift in the front.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scott Dewitt is the fellas name. Not sure if he’s a member here or not, I found him on the fb p
I just needed the bottom bushings and was going to make them instead of buying them the tops look good so when i do make them i will put them on cab down

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What started all this I saw some where on the net they wanted like 100 each for the tops and 80 each for the bottoms . Flaming gorilas will come flying out of you know where before i give that much money for rubber bushings

AllenF

I agree
There are too many items for these trucks that cost wise do not make sense. These are not the only floating cabs. Could other truck cabs be using something similar? Or could their design be used or modified to make ours better?

I am of the camp, that if someone has a better design or way I am all for it. Especially if it saves money or reduces maintenance/time.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are too many items for these trucks that cost wise do not make sense.
Keep in mind that you may have bought the truck for $15,000, but it's really a $100,000 truck. So in the context of it being a $100,000 truck, I don't find the prices of things to be that unexpected. I just consider it lucky when we do get a break and Uncle Sam sells off some expensive parts as cheap surplus.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Try owning a Mercedes S class or a BMW 7 series that’s out if warranty. It’s the same thing. 2000 dollar brake job. I needed a steering rack a month out of warranty it was 2500. Hit a pothole need a new rim and tire big bucks. Bigger toys cost big bucks to own.

jpfever

Try owning a Mercedes S class or a BMW 7 series that’s out if warranty. It’s the same thing. 2000 dollar brake job. I needed a steering rack a month out of warranty it was 2500. Hit a pothole need a new rim and tire big bucks. Bigger toys cost big bucks to own.
Suprman, preech on!

Oh so true

coachgeo

Keep in mind that you may have bought the truck for $15,000, but it's really a $100,000 truck. So in the context of it being a $100,000 truck, I don't find the prices of things to be that unexpected. I just consider it lucky when we do get a break and Uncle Sam sells off some expensive parts as cheap surplus.
.... There are too many items for these trucks that cost wise do not make sense. ... Could other truck cabs be using something similar? Or could their design be used or modified to make ours better? I am of the camp, that if someone has a better design or way I am all for it. Especially if it saves money or reduces maintenance/time.
What started all this I saw some where on the net they wanted... ($$$) Flaming gorilas will come flying out of you know where before i give that much money for rubber bushings
Stress is the father of Necessity... and of course we all know Necessity is the father of Invention. So as we stress over cost as mentioned here.... some will stress less.... others.... will get inventing. All Hale the inventious folk IMHO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks