• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

D30 Military P

dconn22

The title on my '86 M1008 states it is a D30 Military P
I have found little about what these designations mean and some of what I found was conflicting (D=diesel and P= postal???), Also read the "P's" were M1010's.
I still don't have the vehicle so don't have the data plates available. Hoping someone here actually knows. Also, any tips/ info on ensuring/correcting title information.

Terracoma

D30 is correct for all of the CUCV truck chassis' including the M1010.

The "D" designation comes from the 5th digit of the VIN number, and simply signifies that the truck was built for the military.

The below attachment -- if it works -- shows the VIN breakdown for the 1984 model year.

View attachment 1984 VIN Card.pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks