• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1045A2 Slant Back - Turret Delete

ewylam

Hey all... another request for your valuable insight. My 1045A2 came with the turret delete bolted on and it looks like they replace the B and C pillars with a splice. I don't foresee adding a turret so I want to keep the patch in place. Considering the splice pillars I'm concerned with the top support and weather stripping. Are my B and C pillars suitable for supporting the slant back without a turret? What about the weather stripping at the top of the slant back hatch. If not, how have other dealt with the pillars and no turret?

Thanks for the recommendations and advice!

Emmett
743976_6002_0_0005.jpg743976_6002_0_0006.jpg

avman

Don't see why they will not work. You will have water leakage on the c pillar. The factory one have a flat piece of metal to support the seal.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I removed those bolts through the C pillar splice and replaced them with carriage bolts. The heads of the regular hex head bolts will tear the seal. You should remove the turret cover and seal it as mine had nothing under it.l

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks