• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carburettor flooding. Help !!!

RichM882

Hi all. I have a really strange problem that I have not encountered before in nearly 40 years of working on motor vehicles. A month or so ago while driving her she coughed, spluttered and died at a road crossing. Fuel was spewing out of the top of the carburettor and the inlet manifold was awash with fuel. I removed the Carter BBD and cleaned loads of crap out of it and checked float and needle valve. Confident I had eradicated the problem the next day I started her up. The very same thing happened again.I have put a brand new carburettor on today and lo and behold she is exactly the same. The fuel inlet is damp too as if there is a ridiculously high amount of pressure being created by the fuel pump. Has anybody ever experienced a pump go rogue ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your problem is new loads of crap being pumped out of the tank and holding the needle valve open. Put a filter before and after the fuel pump. Carry spares. When the truck won’t go 60 mph anymore it’s time to replace filters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks