• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help on Radius Rod M 998

Trying to adjust the left radius rod on my 998. I have loosened up the lock bolts (taken off) and soaked the threads for three nights in my special sauce of acetone and tranny fluid and the thing is still as tight as Dick's Hatband. One differ I noticed is there are no reliefs cut into the threaded portion of the rod. Actually I'm not sure I have ever seen a adjustable rod that didn't have a cut. Anyway I'm wondering if maybe this is the right part or could it be for something else? The tire is off by about 10* in tow and camber. No stretching, it drives like it's on a ball LOL. The other side has the cut in it but is off by about 4*. There is more than enough thread to set it to 0*. Thanks for your help.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 2 sizes..early and late...I have both available.

Is there a difference in lengths? I can see where this is the problem as it seems the hub assemblies differ too. The side the radius rod goes to appears to have no oil fill plug like all the others. I have two 998’s. Still learning every minute.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
NDT is right on as a little heat on the adjustment sleeve will break the seizure of the threads. Work it back and forth a little at a time and if one end is open drop out the rust as it will act like glue by getting into the threads.

Good Luck

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had new and used A0. A1, and A2 rods...all had cuts .
Maybe someone used some other auto part other than AM general.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks