• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV transmission cooler hose leak.

bushw

I have an interesting one for y’all. My humvee with the 6.2 is leaking ATF in 2 locations. One is the bottom hose that connects to the transmission cooler. The other leak is where a similar line hooks up to the Transfer Case. The one in leak in front seems to be under pressure to spew fluid all over the inside of the hood. Anybody see this before, or have any other ideas/ fixes?

papakb

Those of us who have been playing with military vehicles for years know the value of continuous tinkering with them. The first thing you want to do when you get a new vehicle is to inspect the lights and brakes. Don't just be happy your vehicle stops. Take it apart and look for shoes or pads that don't move or are weeping fluid. Replace all the hoses and belts. Inspect anything made of rubber! This includes all your heater lines too. Weather and age is hard on it and it does have a finite life. The new fuels are particularly punishing to things made from real rubber. About once a month I get the creeper out and roll around under the truck looking for suspicious wet spots and loose hardware, especially on the HMMWV. The way it vibrates it must have been designed by the maker of some sex toy! I've picked up on loose brake calipers, a water pump leak, and a power steering pump ready to fall out. Honestly, look at everything. Remember, the unplanned roadside stop you save may be your own!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks