• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement fuel/water gauges Mep802a

Xlandscaper

Ok so both my fuel and water temp gauges stopped working at the same time. Weird, I know but I referred to the TM and started out by testing out both gauges. Both gauges appear to be doa. I searched the forums and found the vdo 301-904 is a direct drop in. Does anyone have the direct replacement parts for the water temp gauge?

jamawieb

Any standard marine guage will work. For fuel, look for one that reads 33-240 ohms and temp, look for one that maxes out at 240F

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah scour the forum, many part numbers for both tossed out over the years. I have a less expensive temp gauge in my personal machine, and because the ohms aren't exact it reads closer to 200 at normal temp (versus the 180 it is). Fine by me for the cost savings.

Zed254

Attachments

Last edited:

Xlandscaper

Awesome guys, thanks for all the help. Thanks yo you guys I wound up finding a ISSPRO8750 on the bay for 18$ shipped and a VDO 301-904 fuel gauge from summit for 37$. I didn't really care for the chrome ring on the isspro gauge but i have a can of plastic dip to spray the ring black. I will probably make a "how to" video on the gauge swap and post it up when its all done. Any more information to help the next guy...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks