• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog FLU419 Hydraulic Cylinder

pat356jones

I have a slight leak in the rear driver's side hydraulic cylinder. I got a quote of $400 to $500 to repair it with a 6 month warranty. That seemed a bit high to me. Should I repair it or replace it? If replace, where can I find one? Used is fine as long as it's a good one that works with no leaks. Thanks!

swinters

You've probably resolved this by now but if not, most any Clark dealer can either rebuild it or point you in the right direction. Unless you somehow got one of the original test bed Unimogs that were assigned to 9th ID's High Technology Test Bed it's likely that you have one of the type classified production models. Those have the Unimog chassis and the rest was provided by Clark. While still under warranty we went through Freightliner but after the warranty expired we went directly to a local forklift shop that was a Clark dealer and 9 out of 10 times they had all the seals packings, and wipers right there. We repacked the cylinders all the time and seldom had to do any chrome repair or anything other than a bit of polishing with some crocus cloth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks