• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Different turrets

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A0-M1114 2pc hatch for cat-eared and A2 full round weapons station; hinged 3pc hatch for milled turret weapons station; removable 3pc hatch that I assume is for the M1114 with Objective: Gunner Protection Kit added on
Middle 3 pc tan hatch is for use with Mctags Coupla

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Turret Muscle, the Electrohydraulic Drive Motors: M1114 with milled bracket and flipper switch motor; M1114 with welded bracket and chain drive motor; M1151 with welded bracket and chain drive motor:
Direct drive 1 piece motor was normally in an Mrap, but they use same heavy M1114 bearing, and a totally different 2 piece gear ring with spacers.
I have or had every turret config. for Hmmwv's and Mraps.
Some of the photo's on earlier pages are mine.

Last edited:

TOM R

Crapgame I have the cat ear turret and 1114 roof silver bearing and non motorized no gear, is there an adapter I can use to bolt the bearing to the roof which I'm guessing is armor steel, or do I have to use a bearing support? I'm not shooting from the turret

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crapgame I have the cat ear turret and 1114 roof silver bearing and non motorized no gear, is there an adapter I can use to bolt the bearing to the roof which I'm guessing is armor steel, or do I have to use a bearing support? I'm not shooting from the turret
none of that makes any real sense, post pics of what you have...turret stuff is confusing, there are many variations, and once you start with m1114, it gets more interesting

TOM R

I have an 1114 roof I'm going to cut to fit my 998, I have the

stamped cat ear turret with 2 piece matching hatch, silver bearing, lock ring, curved pieces to bolt the bearing down, manual lock this was all a matching set from another vehicle

Also have the gunners strap with mount brackets

I have no bearing support and will need to make one to fit the roof when I do my slant conversion

Everything is packed away right now

BLK HMMWV

no off the shelf adapter that I'm aware of exists to do what your trying to do.
Does your roof have a hole in it already ?
Does the bearing you have fit inside the hole?

TOM R

Yes and yes, the turret I have matches the pic in this thread marked A0 A1 weapons tray

Or the pic 1026 weapons tray
I do also have the k bar support

BLK HMMWV

When you get a chance try putting the silver bearing up against that roof.
I'm guessing it is going to fit inside the big hole.
Normally you would have the bearing support structure to mount the bearing too.

Without it your going to have to come up with some way to support it.
They are never really water tight but in your case without the bearing support and sealant between the roof and bearing support your going to have fun.
Do you plan on storing your vehicle inside a garage or outside in the weather when completed.

TOM R

the bearing does fit inside I tried before the hole is huge , the 1114 roof actually has a lip on the turret hole that sticks up from the roof

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks