• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal cancel ring (source)

swabbie

I've installed a replacement turn signal that has the ability to cancel
the turn signal lamps after the steering wheel returns to normal.

Unfortunately, the plastic cancel ring that slips onto the steering column
has 'spindly' little fingers that easily break. Due to one of the two 'fingers'
breaking, only my right signal will now cancel.

Hopefully, I can locate a replacement cancel ring, and not have to buy
the whole kit to fix this.

Anyone know where I can find a new cancel ring?CancelRing.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on your steering wheel you can make canceling ring out of hose clamp and chopstix or PVC tube cut to shape

papakb

This problem has been around since they first began using these turn signal switches. What we need is for someone to start 3D metal printing these things and get rid of the plastic cancelling rings that continue to fail.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed an aftermarket Grant brand steering wheel in mine. I drilled 2 holes for roll pins in the adapter and it works great.

Hypnotoad

Sorry to bring up this old thread but since my question does exactly fit, I didn't just want to open a new thread.

I was also planning on 3D print a cancelling ring myself and wonder If someone who has one could supply me with some exact measurements. I would of course make the 3D model available for everyone as well via thingiverse.

Thank you in advance!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me. I can buy it for you and mail it. Or you can just make one from PVC piping. I made one with two chop sticks from takeout Chinese food held in place with a hose clamp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks