• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A Remote Start/Stop

sassriverrat

Has anyone ever tried to put a remote start setup on this- or install an aux (remote) start/stop switch or panel? I would imagine a secondary switch could be spliced into the existing panel- but thinking if this generator was mounted outside of a building or trailer but the start/stop was inside, that would be nice.

I'm looking at the Ini Power IG1000 ASKR-USMC Auto Start Kit but can't find any manuals on it so I'm not sure it's pin out and how I might finagle hooking up the generator to this.

Thanks

witteriedmf

Has anyone ever tried to put a remote start setup on this- or install an aux (remote) start/stop switch or panel? I would imagine a secondary switch could be spliced into the existing panel- but thinking if this generator was mounted outside of a building or trailer but the start/stop was inside, that would be nice.

I'm looking at the Ini Power IG1000 ASKR-USMC Auto Start Kit but can't find any manuals on it so I'm not sure it's pin out and how I might finagle hooking up the generator to this.

Thanks
TM 10-6115-711-10TECHNICAL MANUAL OPERATOR MANUAL FOR GENERATOR SET, MULTI-FUEL, PORTABLE, 1 KW (NSN 6115-01-612-2549)
good luck finding the manual

synelecpb

Not a awaken a mummy of a thread, but some MEP 831's were wired by the military for remote operation. Mine was one of them. The problem is that they have a 9 pin connector that plugs into something unknown to facilitate that, and some of the wiring was rearranged to (I assume) make that possible. When I first got it, things didn't work properly until I got on this site and explained what was happening - others had seen this arrangement and told me what to do to change it around to standard operation. I left the connector on mine, if you want a picture of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks