• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the difference between the frames of the M998/M10XX/H1 Alpha

Hendrickson360

Hello,

recently i have seen a show here in Germany where they cut an old M998 in half to shorten the wheelbase and there it was said, that the frame was 3.5mm (0.13) thick.

This seems kinda thin to be honest, since a F-250 has 4.5mm (0.17) and probably bigger rails. I was told once that the HMMWV actually has an impressive frame thicknes or around 6mm (0,23) but was this maybe the frame of the more modern-day Humvess with the 12.000lbs gvw? Or maybe the mysterius H1 Alpha-frame which is also supposed to be stronger?

Or do those frame not differ much, but got only stronger parts in crucial areas, where this guy measured the 6mm? Because i guess the outer dimensions of the rails stayed the samesince the 80's, because of the chassis which had to fit.

Have a nice weekend!

Marcus

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have also wondered about the difference between the M998 and the "HEAVY VARIANT"

Nomadic

In the frame thickness comparison of the Ford vs M998, does it make sense to include the wheelbase length?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Early A2 frames are galvanized and slightly thicker, and have drain plugs.....the REV frame rails are 3 piece per rail welded and way heavy and use a Sheppard steering system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks