• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lds-465-1A injector line question

Oerthedge21

Just finished a brake job on my truck. Ran great before that, no fuel leaks. Sat for about a week while.i did the brakes. Took it for a test drive today and it's developed quite the dripping fuel leak. It's leaking from injector line #5 on top the hydraulic head. Loosened the nut up, there was no crap or contaminants in there. Tightened it back up and started the truck. Immediately begins getting wet and dripping. Is there an o ring or seal of some sort in there? When I first removed that line months ago because the injector shop needed it, there were some remnants of what looked like an o ring down in there. Is there any type of seal on the lines where they go into the HH? Or did someone just out one in there maybe to stop a leak? The thing is it didn't leak before and suddenly after sitting for a week while I did brakes it's leaking badly. I read about maybe the head being cracked or the ferrule being broke. It's dark now so I can't check but I will look tomorrow. If it's not cracked what else could cause that and/or how could I remedy it?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No seal or o-ring.

Oerthedge21

Interesting, I wonder what that was that I extracted from there. Looked like a chewed up o ring. I noticed the oil pressure was all screwy as well. Always had 30 minimum after the rebuild. Dropped to probably 10-15 psi at one point and then came back up, seems to be steady around 30 now, but sometimes it jumped around lower and then came back up, truck is at he line marked "1" on the dipstick, no fuel smell or coolant in there, hoping it was just an air pocket or maybe a strange gauge malfunction.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When new, there was a rubber boot over the line and it sits down over the nut for protection. They often are cracked and degraded. They are not needed.

Oerthedge21

Does anyone know where I can get a new injector line #5 for my truck? Ran it down the street for some fuel and as I was coming back up my road I noticed it was starting to skip. Injector line #5 leak has gone from a dripping leak to blowing fuel everywhere, all over the engine, fender, heater box, firewall, even the hood. I've looked but can't seem to find the line anywhere. Eastern surplus has the whole set, I'm waiting to hear back for the price. I'm sure it's way cheaper to just buy one though. Anyone know where I could procure one single line?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Memphis Equipment or Oshkosh Equipment Sales Or TNJ Murray.

NSN 4710-00-861-7072

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can get a new injector line #5 for my truck? Ran it down the street for some fuel and as I was coming back up my road I noticed it was starting to skip. Injector line #5 leak has gone from a dripping leak to blowing fuel everywhere, all over the engine, fender, heater box, firewall, even the hood. I've looked but can't seem to find the line anywhere. Eastern surplus has the whole set, I'm waiting to hear back for the price. I'm sure it's way cheaper to just buy one though. Anyone know where I could procure one single line?
Old post - but what solved your problem if it was solved?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks