• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needing a starter switch for MEP 805A

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You said the hz gauge only goes to 11 o’clock, are you sure the hz selector behind the gauge cluster is selected to 60 hz?

Bplas

We went out and checked it to make sure it was in the 60 hertz and it was, I started it up and the under voltage light came on again, waited for to warm up some then shut it down and restarted it and this time it worked fine, BTW, the voltage never changed when the light came on GF, checked the hertz with my meter and it would flash between 5 and 6 but was on 6 70% of the time with the frequency adjusted all the way up. Put the 2 AC units on it and tried to run them in AC but apparently were to cold here at 38* so I turned the heater side of them on and it showed about 70% power used but it amazes me that the units RPM never changed, I know when I run one on the MEP 803 I feel bad for the generator.
i May put them in the barn and start The LCFH to get them warm enough to fire up, BTW, does anyone know anything about HDT LCFH 40000- 41000, the brain box in particular is the issue with 3 i have.
i May pull the hertz gauge out of an 803 I have for parts and see if it will work.

Last edited:

Bplas

Guyfang, so at this point I’m assuming that everything is fine with The generator and I can use it in your opinion?
now the question you probably new l was going to ask, is there anywhere on this sight or one that you can recommend to me that would show the proper way to set this generator up in single phase? Also, is it possible to make it so it wouldn’t be that hard to switch between single and 3 phase? And lastly, I saw somewhere that someone had put a remote start or a automatic switchover when power was lost, would you be able to point me in the direction of anything out there if it exists that would be safe and reliable.

thanks again for all your help

Guyfang

Staff member
Guyfang, so at this point I’m assuming that everything is fine with The generator and I can use it in your opinion?

No, you seem to have a problem. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not. You need to figure out why and fix it. Unless you want to run it in Emergency bypass. Something I would not do short of war. When you can start it every time and it works right, its fixed. So, is it doing that?
now the question you probably new l was going to ask, is there anywhere on this sight or one that you can recommend to me that would show the proper way to set this generator up in single phase? Also, is it possible to make it so it wouldn’t be that hard to switch between single and 3 phase?

Zed pointed you in the right direction about single/three phase questions and answers. Thats a good place to start.

And lastly, I saw somewhere that someone had put a remote start or a automatic switchover when power was lost, would you be able to point me in the direction of anything out there if it exists that would be safe and reliable.

SS member KLOPPK has a remote start kit. Read his threads or send him a PM.

thanks again for all your help

Bplas

Thanks everyone, I will try to look at the information you gave but for the next few weeks I will have a medical issue that will probably stop me from being able to do much of anything, until I can Thanks again and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks