• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what cordless tool are you using to get your lug nuts off

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hah, and I thought I was the only one that had that! I think I have some white food grade somewhere around here as well!

rustystud

@ Jbulach.... whatever works for "them" is fine with me. And whatever I do that they don't like....too bad. I have been using that product for 45 years without any problem. http://www.rtsauto.com/should-you-put-anti-seize-on-your-lug-nuts-or-wheel-bolts/
Yes. This topic has had it's problems, but I'll add an interesting note. When I first took off my Deuce's wheels they had anti-seize on the lug nuts. I bought this truck right out of Fort Lewis/McCord . No one but the military had touched it. So that means they too used anti-seize on lug nut studs. Just like we did at the transit bases here in Washington. For decades. Lots of anti-seize. Really used a lot of it. :whistle:

jasonjc

Milwaukee's webpage is not very clear in this regard (apples-to-apples comparison of similar model tools).

Just went to search, and there are (at least) 8 models of the 1/2" Impact Wrench:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Search#q=m18 fuel 1 2 high torque impact wrench
It's like 1st gen and 2nd gen or maybe 3rd gen and then there is the friction ring or pin detent and then the one key blue tooth.:whistle: I've got the 2767 that the one with friction ring and 1,00 lbs ft / 1400 lbs ft. And the newest one has the extended anvil and controlled torque that you can dial in 4 different settings.?.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Milwaukee

Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2 Cordless Impact Wrench.

Brushless motor, 1491 NM nut-busting release torque, 950 NM fastening torque. I was thinking about the 3/4 or 1 inch as well, but that would make everything unnecessary heavy and expensive. The 1/2 with adapter does the job as well, and is easier on the other nuts and bolts that need releasing, like the bumper, winch etc.

IMG_7320_resize.JPG IMG_7322_resize.jpg

Including two 5.0 Ah lithium-ion battery packs and charger, packed in a nice case, it set me back $ 520 (lousy exchange rate).

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One inch is to big for what I do as I do not need a Metric ton of applied torque to tighten anything. I got the one key 3/4 for what I do now and I picked up the 1/2" for the smaller things I do and yea I do like them. When working as a young man in the shop I would always reach for my air tools to speed up the job. Now with the cordless I have put away my air tools and ratchet's. I do keep my truck four way handy in the shop and can throw it around and not worry about it and it has never let me down when needed. That plus aluminum cheater bar no problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonjc

Thanks for the informative replies, I bought the new 1/2 inch cordless Milwaukee m Fuel M 18 with the 8,2 battery . pops them right off. its heavy but man does it bust them loose , Cant say thank you enough guys , I was that 225lb fella wanting a young solider B to break them loose when I had a 10 foot cheater bar on them and they SCREAMED when I finally them got them loose. got 20 % off for black Friday 10% Mil discount but it was still 280. for the tool and 105$ for a battery and charger
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...ing-Kit-W-One-5-0Ah-Battery-2767-21/306180606

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Milwaukee's webpage is not very clear in this regard (apples-to-apples comparison of similar model tools).

Just went to search, and there are (at least) 8 models of the 1/2" Impact Wrench:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Search#q=m18 fuel 1 2 high torque impact wrench
Well now that we’ve gotten our credentials out there and a little anti-seize all over the place, thanks for the link Ahab!

Looks like #2767 with the 4 modes, and #2863 with One Key are the only of six 1/2” “High Torque” models that have the 1,000-1,400ftlb rating. Now to figure out if the One Key is worth the extra $60...

The 1/2" high torque has more power than the 3/4", just saying.

OOPS I stand corrected the NEW one key 3/4" packs more power than the 1/2".
Yep, they have different “High Torque” models with torque numbers all over the place!

That’s correct. As long as you get the Milwaukee part # 2864.
According the Milwaukees site 2864 is the 3/4” drive? Also they do show a 3/4” and 1” model that have more torque than the 1/2”.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Another Ahab

When working as a young man in the shop I would always reach for my air tools to speed up the job. Now with the cordless I have put away my air tools and ratchet's.
Don't want any drift to get us all keelhauled or anything, so commenting now back on thread:

- Glad to hear what you say Floridanson, because I was always too cheap to buy a good compressor and all the accessroies, and so stuck with my Milwaukee

:mrgreen::jumpin:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this is a repeat sorry but a buddy just got a new Milwaukee Cordless its like 36 volts or more and can generate 1800 ft pounds of torque. The battery life was very good for this type of performance and it retails for 1K$ Milwaukee is marketing it in the Industrial sector, not for trucks!

jasonjc

If this is a repeat sorry but a buddy just got a new Milwaukee Cordless its like 36 volts or more and can generate 1800 ft pounds of torque. The battery life was very good for this type of performance and it retails for 1K$ Milwaukee is marketing it in the Industrial sector, not for trucks!

That sounds like the 1" M18 fuel.
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2867-20

orrisd4

36 inch 3/4 drive ratchet and extension, not a power tool but is so satisfying to see the look on the faces when you get it out

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just ordered the Milwaukee 2767-21 from Home Depot. Good price and I'm getting tired of dragging the 100' air hose from my shop to the front of the house where I work on my trucks. Plus easier traveling with our RV. No more getting the generator out to run the compressor etc. Now I may have to get a battery powered compressor for airing up tires so I can leave the compressor at home.

One thing leads to another. It's a vicious circle. I hope no one makes a battery powered jack.

Jericho

Molybendum-disufide Moly Coat used it for years on jet engines its good stuff. the model number on the Milwaukee was 2767-20 advertised as 1000 ft lbs on 1800 ftlbs off , or so they claim 1/2 inch spindle

FloridaAKM

I also went & ordered a Milwaukee 2767-21 from Home Depot to start replacing tires on my trucks & trailers. The last tire I pulled off & put back on with a geared wrench let me know that I need a little help with the lug nuts if I am going to remove more than one.
I just ordered the Milwaukee 2767-21 from Home Depot. Good price and I'm getting tired of dragging the 100' air hose from my shop to the front of the house where I work on my trucks. Plus easier traveling with our RV. No more getting the generator out to run the compressor etc. Now I may have to get a battery powered compressor for airing up tires so I can leave the compressor at home.

One thing leads to another. It's a vicious circle. I hope no one makes a battery powered jack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks