• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what cordless tool are you using to get your lug nuts off

Jericho

Just a quick survey. What cordless impacts do you find are powerfull enough to remove lug nuts, brand ,size, battery voltage ?

snowtrac nome

I use a top of the line matco infinum 1/2 drive impact, it is supposed to make 1300 ftlbs of torque. I do know its stronger than the dewalt because the shop has dewalt tools and the matco will effortlessly remove bolts that the dewalt cant remove. Its not in our budget at the shop to buy tools off the tool truck its nice to know I got what I paied for.

Another Ahab

I use a top of the line matco infinum 1/2 drive impact, it is supposed to make 1300 ftlbs of torque. I do know its stronger than the dewalt because the shop has dewalt tools and the matco will effortlessly remove bolts that the dewalt cant remove. Its not in our budget at the shop to buy tools off the tool truck its nice to know I got what I paied for.
Good to know the price is worth it because, yeah, MATCO and SNAP-ON, they're pricey.

SouthJL

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the Dewalt 20V MAX XR (DCF899M1). I used it to get many of the lug nuts off and it even got some of the nuts off the two piece rims.

Some of the flange nuts on the rims were really stuck, took one of the wheels to a local shop that works on trucks and their big 1" air gun couldn't get them all off. In hind sight, they may have been able to if they let the air compressor catch back up.

I ended up getting one of those geared torque multiplier lug wrenches, which made getting the rim nuts off easy. Just double check what direction you are going, because that thing will definitely strip the nut and stud without even knowing it.

Some of the lug nuts where on pretty good, so instead of abusing the Dewalt and its battery, I used the multiplier to break free the ones that the Dewalt didn't get quickly.

92ramaro

The newest Milwaukee 1/2 inch drive 18V. Unbeatable. Walks all over my over-priced Snap-On guns.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jasonjc

I had thought about getting the one inch but it was not on the market yet. Also I do not plan on building any bridges so the 3/4 inch drive fuel for me.

The Milwaukee 1/2" high torque has more power than the 3/4". I have both at work (school bus fleet) and we gave the 3/4 to the other department and kept the 1/2" for us. I like it so much I bought one for myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks