• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803a with Mil Trailer

csheath

Great advice on the quad mod. Mine does not have that. I ordered the parts today to install it. Total of $44.00. Coulda been less but I don't want to wait too long. LOL. This site has always been alotta help for both my vehicles and now geneset. Next I'm thinking USMC Mule!! for my retirement present next summer. Thanks to all.
FYI for future reference that fuse mod doesn't have to be a high dollar slo blow type. I stuck an automotive type fuse holder on mine with a fast acting glass fuse. It hasn't blown in over 100 hours use. Plus I have the piece of mind knowing if I have a problem it should blow quickly. Not as sexy looking but functional.

csheath

I was thinking more about the simplicity of going to the auto parts store rather than ordering stuff. Or in my case I had the inline fuse holder and fuses in my parts bin.

m561gamagoat

Ok, after installing the quad MOV mod I noticed the unit is charging at a higher percentage in the green. Before it was just into the green now its well into the green. Did this Mod cause that ?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MOV would have no impact on the battery charging rate.
After each start it's normal to have it up in the green and then slowly drop back to near zero after the set has run and the batteries get recharged after being drawn down some by starting the set.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
If you're worried about the charge rate on the batteries, check the voltages on them. If the batteries are on their way out, the alternator will work harder to bring them up to where they want to be.

Great deal! I'd love to get the bigger MEP 803A for my house. Waiting for a good deal to pop up like that close to me.

Good job getting that MOV & Quad mod taken care of. Easy & gives a piece of mind.

Trailer is very easy to change over to 12v so it will plug into your truck. I modified mine to pull level & with lights. I made a thread on it here.

If you haven't already, give the unit a good load test. That will bring up any problems that may be there.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is where I got my last batch from

Seem to work just fine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks