• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Dryer(old style) Clean and Inspect.

coachgeo

Had to jerk my aluminum cylinder out with string tied to the screw Ron mentions in the video. Sorta made a "string hammer" to work similar to a "slide hammer" you might say, to get it out.

Last edited:

coachgeo

To reload put about a third at a time in a garbage bag..... and with sock in it's home plastic tube..... fed open end of bag into sock then poured the beads into the sock. the 1/3rd at a time was not intended but probably was better than dealing with full bag when it came to feeding open end of bag into sock.

Drying beads out in microwave (don't own a hair dryer) was a PITA. would do 3 small tupperwares... rotating every minute to not cook the bead plastic and to let the steam off. All together too an hour and a half or more just to dry them. Little concerned I did not get the soap out well ahead of time.

Unlike Rons bag was closed with electrical tape.. I'll do both to protect bag. wrap with electrical tape then cinch it tight with zip tie.

Ronmar

That bucket I washed in had a pour spout, i just poured right from the bucket to the media bag.

i have used a microwave to dry absorbing media spread out on a paper towel as well as a toaster oven. You could also use a space heater with the media spread out on newspaper or brown paper... The blowdryer in the bucket was simple and made wash, rinse, dry and pour one stop shopping...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks