• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure spike

Stevev

Out and about today notice my oil pressure at 90psi
when it usually runs 50-60 little higher when engine is cold
if I start to unscrew wire on sending unit
seems to jump around as soon as I touch it
is there a ground somewhere for it?
if I start the engine and turn it off and restart
seem to get different reading
truck runs and sounds normal
should I change the sending unit?
if so should I find the original part or is there a generic one I can replace it with
thanks for your help

Stevev

Thanks for the help
not sure what gauge’s to get
What do you recommend a mechanical
gauge
is there one that will fit in the current holes in the dash?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plumbing in a cheap mechanical gauge will give you some reassurance’s about true pressure. It is up to you whether to keep it n or not.
You most likely have ground issues and/or a bad sensor or gauge, or all three since our trucks are old enough to have multiple faults.
I recommend installing an inexpensive mech gauge and then checking ground, then pulling the sensor and cleaning it and checking it’s wiring. The problem , if it’s not engine related, should be gone by the end of those steps.
Bulldogger

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use whatever your budget will let you. I've used Stewart Warner, Autometer, Bosch, Sun, etc with good results. Any 2" gauge will fit.

Stevev

Thanks for the advice
I’ll start by first checking all connections and I will take out and clean the sending unit

Dock Rocker

Thanks for the advice
I’ll start by first checking all connections and I will take out and clean the sending unit
Clean and scuff the ground at The gauge cluster as well. That’s typically the problem after the gauge going to crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks