• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 blinker issue

KamikazeKunze

Hey all

I need some guidance. All of my lights work and turn signals work.....until I turn my headlights on or running lights.
once I do that I have no left turn signals. Green light in dash is dim and the turn bulb itself is glowing dim and constant as well.

I’ve changed bulbs, checked for grounding and I’m at a loss.aua

any and all help is greatly appreciated.;)

thanks

cucvrus

Check at the coolant overflow tank. Ground. Also check the flasher. The socket in the left front park lamp could be dirty or have a poor ground. Good Luck. Report Back.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Right side directional works but not left. Check the all the running light bulb sockets for corrosion. Start front as water will get in there easiest. Then rear, the gaskets on the lenses will deteriorate with age, water gets trapped and the current is the magnet for water to collect and corrosion starts. You may spray electric cleaner in and get fixture to work for a while but it may need to be replaced.

Also make sure the small parking bulbs are working as they will effect operation as well. After the bulb sockets start with the wiring at the bulb sockets and trace wires and look for splitting, cracking, or to any area where possible chaffing can occur.

Miah

Talk about timing! The m1009 i just got in has the same issue (no left turn or side marker) & this post started me with the ground wire & tomorrow morning i'll check the side marker socket then onto the turn signal socket. Thanks so much to everyone on the forums here.

EDIT: cause i'm obstinate i went out with a flashlight & found 1 set of contacts in the side marker light has gone bad. Time to hit the parts store for a new one.

Last edited:

KamikazeKunze

Miah,
i went out and double checked a few things. I found one black wire leaving the loom of the same length as the headlight wires but no obvious home. My side marker is working perfectly with an led bulb. The ground wire behind the overflow was nice and tight but took it off and tightened it back up anyway.
I’m still at a loss.

cucvrus

The black wire leaving the headlamp is a ground. It needs grounded. And have you checked the bulb socket. It has a thin metal piece that makes a ground. It should extend into te bulb socket. Famous for breaking off. Report back. Good Luck.

ehuppert

Would think you've lost a ground source either in the headlight or running light. When headlights are on it's probably feeding ground back through turn signal filament! As said before examine sockets. Make sure correct bulbs! On pick-ups there's a ground behind taillight housing to bed, not sure how that's accomplished on 1010. Try pulling one bulb at a time on left side to see if back feed goes away.

Miah

Hopefully w/o totally derailing Op's thread. I'm a bit unfamiliar with GM & their light socket design, is the wiring supposed to unplug from the back of the turn socket or is my discovery that i can easily unplug my ground wire from the turn socket a likely source of all my pain?

Miah

Found my issue so sharing with others. although supposedly compatible, the new Sylvania 2057 bulbs were the final thorn in my side. Pulled them & installed some old GE 1157s i had lying around & everything's working again. Don't know if this is a Sylvania issue or a 2057 vs 1157, or perhaps a combination but it's worth double checking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks