• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv vacuum for hvac?

Lazboytt

Anyone know how to go about pulling vacuum for an hvac system? I’m looking to retrofit an H1 hvac into the Hmmwv but trying to figure out the best way to pull a vacuum.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulling vacuum for an aircon just needs an air conditioning manifold and a vacuum pump. They can be found as cheap as $20 for air operated vacuum pumps (but they require a lot of air, 4.2CFM@90PSI) or about $50 for a single stage and $100 for a 2 stage vacuum pump. Manifolds are in the $30 range.
All of these can be found on Amazon, for a little more than the pices I listed the same types of items can be found at Harbor Freight.

If you want american made (or at least not made in China or 3rd world country) then you can at minimum double, but more likely quadruple those prices (or more)

Lazboytt

Pulling vacuum for an aircon just needs an air conditioning manifold and a vacuum pump. They can be found as cheap as $20 for air operated vacuum pumps (but they require a lot of air, 4.2CFM@90PSI) or about $50 for a single stage and $100 for a 2 stage vacuum pump. Manifolds are in the $30 range.
All of these can be found on Amazon, for a little more than the pices I listed the same types of items can be found at Harbor Freight.

If you want american made (or at least not made in China or 3rd world country) then you can at minimum double, but more likely quadruple those prices (or more)
Not sure I follow you. I’m not looking to evap the system but I need a vacuum supply line for the main hvac unit that comes controls the doors on the main unit. Was wondering if anywhere to pull the vacuum from or if need to add an electric vacuum pump, cut off switch and evap canister.

Lazboytt

Do you loose anything when installing one of these? I do have a tach installed. Would it mean you would loose the tach?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will if you tapped off the signal, the military Tach kit for the HMMWV uses the generator for its Tach signal.
if it were me, I would sell the H1 A/C to an H1 guy and take the money and buy a form fit aftermarket AC kit for a HMMWV,

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks