• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multiple spare tires

BigDog

Do any of you guys carry more than one spare tire or do you think more than one is in the way or just takes up needed space? Thinking of caring two in my M1008 just kinda expensive to get another 35in tire and rim. Thanks for the information.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I carry two spares. I've never had to use them both on one trip yet but I always start my trip with two.

BigDog

I'm leaning that way of carting two also. Especially if I'm wheeling alone. How do you guys carry them securely, or just throw them in the back? Thanks again.

richingalveston

when my truck is finished it will have two spares, one on the roof rack without a rim and the other on a rear tire carrier with a rim. I have bead locks so I can change a tire on a rim in the feild if it has to be done, I hope I do not have to.
I can use the one on the rim first and the second one will actually be my dry storage on the roof rack. I plan to put a tire cover on it that will be weather resistant and thus it will act as a dry storage box.

I am planning to get the metal for my roof rack tomorrow so I have something to work on over the Holidays. Once the rack is done I will start to carry a spare, at this time I have no spare because it is to big to fit in the back unless I fold the seat up.

Rich

dougco1

I can't remember the last time I had a flat, maybe 30 years ago. But the first time I would leave the spare out of the truck will be the next time I get a flat.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm leaning that way of carting two also. Especially if I'm wheeling alone. How do you guys carry them securely, or just throw them in the back? Thanks again.
Mine are mounted on recycled front hubs off my 2000 Silverado 2500. I welded the hubs to 1/4 inch plate and then bolted them to each side of the boom on my wrecker. I use the winch to lift them up to the back deck.

20190224_141435.jpg

I made similar mounts for the rear of my M1008 on each side at the back of the bed. A little harder to get them up there without a winch or a friend.

cucv.jpg

Jericho

two. have never used them both for myself, but have used one and then lent one out for a buddie with a flat as well, learned to be more carfull where i drive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks