• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood Reinforcement?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a hard time believing this has not been covered but several tries searching different texts did not come up with anything, seems I hardly ever find anything using "search forum"
Anyway I have a crack developing on the upper portion of my hood on the passenger side, I have seen several pictures of cracks in the same area.
The reinforcing kits are real cheap on Fleabay, is this for this issue and a recommended mod?

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve never seen a kit installed in 30yrs of being in the military...I’ve personally installed 1 or 2, can’t hurt.
it was designed to prevent what’s happening your hood....but ideally install before an issue.

dmetalmiki

Sorry I did not check your post (Correct) insertion, Before replying.
Steel soldiers is on the workshop computer 24/7. And when someone in "Our gang" miss-reads or does not understand a post, the ask me to advise..In this case inappropriately.
There was, (Is) Nothing incorrect with the 'English' in it, And I had no intention of intimating that there was. As some members miss interpreted that I had.

Last edited:

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My English is not as good as yours, but since this is a Humvee topic I understand exactly what he is talking about.

This modification is for..? "A morris mini minor"?
Dodge charger?
Oldsmobile cutlass?
Reo?
M715..?
Jeep?
YOU know what Vehicle you are asking for advice or help on..
But..No one else..Does.

How about, " Currently I own a ........ And I am having a problem with the......"
?.
Dude why be a richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awol

My English is not as good as yours, but since this is a Humvee topic I understand exactly what he is talking about.
Everyone understands what the OP is talking about, dmetalmiki is just being difficult.

Your English is good!

dmetalmiki

Your 'English' is every bit as good as mine.
I missed the CORRECTLY posted in forum question.
Old (Very, Age..and...? Stupidity!).
(Please read my answer to the first reply of mine.)

dmetalmiki

Dude why be a richard.

Sorry I did not check the post (Correct) insertion, Before replying.
Steel soldiers is on the workshop computer 24/7. And when someone in "Our gang" miss-reads or does not understand a post, the ask me to advise..In this case inappropriately.
There was, (Is) Nothing incorrect with the 'English' in it, And I had no intention of intimating that there was. As some members miss interpreted that I had.

NormB

I did this about three months after getting my truck.

Gotta say, this one hack reduced engine noise by 6 dBa, improved mileage, stabilized the hood so it wasn’t flopping around like the Tacoma Narrows bridge at cruising speed, and, mysteriously, my scalp itch cleared up.

Ahem...

if it helps at all to reduce hood cracking it’ll be money well spent.

None of that other stuff is true though I wish it were.

’scuse me while I scratch my head...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks