• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unknown straps by radio tray and SL3 gear layout?

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

I was issued an m1097a2 for a short period of time before I out and it came with all kinds of new stuff. Like the jack mount by the tire and a max axe to replace the old pioneer rack. So 20 years later I am trying to setup my M1123 to have all of the accessories my old truck had. So my first question is what are the straps for on the hump between the driver and passenger (pictured)? Maybe the max-axe bag but where would the handle go? My second question is what are the straps for behind the drivers seat? The fire extinguisher looks to go next to the seat. A picture of an outfitted truck would be great. Thanks in advance.
IMG_20191115_154413818.jpg

Wire Fox

That makes sense behind the seat but this truck is a high back 2 door cargo.
I'll just add that you should remember that it may not always have been a 2 door high back cargo. My HMMWV had so many holes added to it and small parts from multiple kits that it was hard to tell what it was, when. At some point, it had as many as 4 antennas. It used to have a rear radio deck. It has a grounding lug only typical of a radio shelter. It had a camo cargo rack (only ok for M1097s/A2 trucks- mine's an A1). There was a post mounted to the windshield (beacon light?). The front had tons of extra holes for radio gear. The rear body had extra holes that implied several armament mounting brackets.

... basically, my truck was the base do-all, but likely lived a life of pulling around artillery pieces/running radios for spotting. In a training environment, I don't think the unit it was issued to gave two ****s that it wasn't authorized for many of the configurations it lived in.

Point being: what you see in your truck now could be red herrings, leftover from when it was an entirely different config.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say ditto. My truck was a 2 man but I think it started as a 4 man. Ironically, that is what I changed it back to. They are lego sets with everything bolt on and off......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks