• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breather valve on top of tranny M1079

Fishinshane

i took out The Van<M1079 for a mountain off road mod and after some downhill and low gear usage i noticed oil much oil dripping from the tranny !! I looked for lose lines cracks extra and the oil thing i coiuld really find was from the breather valve on top oif the transmission close tot the bellhousing was wet....is itr possible to have oil coming out here from the way i was driving using low gears to control speed down hill ect..???? any help or other have this issue?

coachgeo

if it was over filled previously and she really got working hard off road it is possible you spit some out.

Look real close at the tranny cooler lines.

How is your tranny fluid levels? engine oil levels?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I had read somewhere about an allison issue with fluid coming out the vent in cold weather. But I would still check the trans fluid level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks