• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Fast/High Idle Solenoid?

Sezzo

Old thread but new to me. The plunger motor on my M1009 must be replaced. Part number in the -20P TM is 14066255. Does anyone have one or maybe two for sale? Maybe NOS? Please let me know. Thanks.

Barrman

Are you talking about the solenoid that pushes against the throttle arm? If so, they are very hard to find and extremely expensive if you do find one.

Peel back the rubber boot on the end with the screw head on it. You will see two really thin copper wires running from the plug to the coil. Every single one of mine that hasn’t worked had one of those wires broken. Very delicately soldering it back together has always done the trick.

Sezzo

Are you talking about the solenoid that pushes against the throttle arm? If so, they are very hard to find and extremely expensive if you do find one.

Peel back the rubber boot on the end with the screw head on it. You will see two really thin copper wires running from the plug to the coil. Every single one of mine that hasn’t worked had one of those wires broken. Very delicately soldering it back together has always done the trick.
Yes exactly. A good friend of mine has one solenoid as a spare and I am very happy he will give it to me. But I will follow your advice and maybe I can repair mine when the other one is in and working properly. Always good to have a spare. Thanks Barrman! And thanks for your great videos on YouTube. Subscribed 👍🏼

Barrman

Thanks for watching and subscribing!

I had one of those solenoids that I could fix on the bench, install it on the engine and it would break in a different spot when I plugged in the wire. I ended up soldering it on the engine with the plug plugged. I worked the next 20,000 miles I owned that truck.

Sezzo

@Barrman: you were right. I replaced the fast idle solenoid today and had a look at the bad one. There is one really thin copper wire and it is broken. I will try to repair it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks