• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch configuration

Ronmar

While looking at something else unrelated, I came across a discussion on here a while back regarding a type of side/mid mount winch installation. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it and cannot now seem to find it again.

Basically the cable started at the winch ran along the frame to a fairlead at the front or rear, looped over to another fairlead on the other side/frame rail of the vehicle. It then ran the length of the vehicle, thru another fairlead at the far end and back across to the winch side frame rail of the vehicle. This setup looked interesting as it allowed you to pull front or rear(and some other ways) without having to re-rig the cable thru the frame to the winch.

This configuration had a name and I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. Anyone familiar with this setup or can point me to the thread?

Thanks!

coachgeo

While looking at something else unrelated, I came across a discussion on here a while back regarding a type of side/mid mount winch installation. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it and cannot now seem to find it again.

Basically the cable started at the winch ran along the frame to a fairlead at the front or rear, looped over to another fairlead on the other side/frame rail of the vehicle. It then ran the length of the vehicle, thru another fairlead at the far end and back across to the winch side frame rail of the vehicle. This setup looked interesting as it allowed you to pull front or rear(and some other ways) without having to re-rig the cable thru the frame to the winch.

This configuration had a name and I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. Anyone familiar with this setup or can point me to the thread?

Thanks!
Mid mount system is called Ibex

Ronmar

The lmtv winch can pull front or back you do have to set the cable up in the direction you want to pull though.
Yep. The configuration I am referring to though, you didn't have to move the cable around. It could pull front, back, side or even combinations. You basically can pull out a loop of cable into a snatch block anyplace you have a fairlead setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks