• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turkey day outage

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had that happen 2 years ago. Just got the bird in and lights out.
The 802 happily ran the oven and the rest of the house that Thanksgiving.

Guyfang

Staff member
You all have a fine Turkey day! We all have to wait till Saturday, as its not a day off here. I have to work Saturday till 14:00, but we will have a set down by 18:00 I hope. The kids will pitch in and cover for me. My Grandsons first Turkey day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Birds done, and the machine performed perfectly. Back on grid to finalize everything.

csheath

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Our power went out too. We were done cooking but still ran the 803 for about an hour. I worked all morning and needed a shower about the time the power went.

oboyjohn

4 years ago on Christmas eve, just as all 25 guests were arriving, we lost electricity at 5 pm due to a wind storm. I tried to continue cooking the Turkey on the BBQ but the wind was so strong it kept blowing it out. So I had to dig out the generator ( a 9000watt Rigid tool) and run power into the house to run a stove, some lights, a slow cooker, and other miscellaneous gear to continue the Christmas feast. Just as we were finishing up supper, the power came back on, just in time for gift exchange. Going to keep my eyes open for an 803 for the next time.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lost power again today for a short while... over a foot of the white stuff incoming starting tomorrow. Had literally put the last rubber tie down in place on the tarp over the unit and my wife poked her head out the window saying power just went out.

Feels good to be prepared.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
It's always nice to have a good piece of gear to keep things going!

I use mine often at the off grid place but haven't needed it at the house yet in a true power loss situation.

One time over the summer we got hit with lightening. Took about 10 minuets to get the trailer moved & everything hooked up. By the time my HVAC booted up & started running, grid power was back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks