• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this on windshield?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the first one, I'm not actually sure what you are asking about. The bracket at the edge of the windshield sticking out towards the mirror perhaps? If so, I've never seen one before, and don't know it's purpose. If you are asking about something different please let us know.

The second picture looks like an hour meter was installed between the air filter restriction gauge and the ignition switch.

Wire Fox

If it's that bracket, that bracket is a holder for an active RFID tag, made by a company called SAVI. They're used to track what hardware is being moved where. It relies on readers being placed at a port of entry, or a worker with a handheld scanner.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually, when I ask this question, it is because I live by the beach and there are a ton of seagulls.

Question 2 just looks like an hour meter and a airflow meter.

Best,

T

beehumvee

Hi again. Sorry for the delay
This is exactly what i was refering to, that bracket. It is not a usual thing, any typ about where to buy it? Thak you very much for your help!

Regards

Wire Fox

This is exactly what i was refering to, that bracket. It is not a usual thing, any typ about where to buy it? Thak you very much for your help!

Regards
Search for Savi ST-654-001.

A dozen will show up on the forbidden auction site for next to nothing in cost. Haven't figured out how to program one, but I will say that a computer does recognize it when plugged in to USB. It was just a fun piece to slide into the bracket on my truck to complete the look.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is exactly what i was refering to, that bracket. It is not a usual thing, any typ about where to buy it? Thak you very much for your help! Regards
SAVI RFID ST-654-031 M998 HMMWV M151A2 M923A2 M35 M37 M38 M38A1 M101A2 M1102

The Savi ST-654 high performance, data-rich active RFID tag is suited for various applications, including the tracking of shipping containers, vehicles and other large assets. Available with 256 Kbytes of programmable memory, the ST-654 can hold a variety of data, from simple IDs linked to a server database, to detailed shipment manifests. The ST-654 is constructed to survive harsh environments and to provide reliable data to RFID readers. The ST-654 supports 400 feet (122 m) of RFID communications range and delivers real-time asset information to guide supply chain operations. The ST-654 employs state-of-the-art power management technologies that extend the life of its replaceable battery up to five years. The ST-654 can be installed permanently via fixed hardware, or temporarily using Pressure Sensitive Tape (PST) or a magnetic mounting bracket equipped with high-strength rare earth magnets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks