• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m38a1?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not military, that is a late 60's CJ-5. Unless you want a CJ-5, clean it up and flip it to someone who is crazy about those.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has a pinacle hitch and i have seen one varient that looks just like this with all the military paintings on it. its missing the wiring for the lights in the dash too. has willys on the tailgate. no data plates or anything saying the year

Last edited:

mutt1966

As said not military, early CJ-5, if the body is in any kind of good shape, that means it has floors and hat channels that dont need to be replaced, it would be worth something to a collector of CJ-5's...

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i got a chance to dig out some of the junk.. i found a fuse box so that means non military.. dont want to fix it up in that case.. i got if from a nice lady that has cancer. she said if was her fathers from years ago.. told me to get it running so she could ride in it before she passes on... its in bad shape and being no military i dont want to fix it up.. ill have to see. the spare is a military tire.. that and the pinacle threw me off.. no biggie.. it was a donation to me

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if the engine turns over, if so, getting it running might allow you to grant her wish, and will make the sale to the next person more appealing. Brakes however will need to be 100% replaced and that’s not a quick job.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
See if the engine turns over, if so, getting it running might allow you to grant her wish, and will make the sale to the next person more appealing. Brakes however will need to be 100% replaced and that’s not a quick job.
I agree with all you have posted Sir. It's definately a CJ from what I can see. Also, I agree with trying to give the sweet lady a last ride. That would be worth some money spent to me (within reason). I have a soft spot for older folks....because I am becoming one...(wait...I guess it's relative...is 66 older...OK...it is if you are younger than that) and I hope someone is willing to do the same for me.

OK....I just confused myself....:papabear:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks