• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Damanged planetary hub on MTVR

MAdams

I pulled off the hub to replace a bad seal and found this. The best I can tell is the the a planetary gear got hot and seized which spun its axle. The reason I think that is because there were no large debris. I guess a large chunk could have gotten ground up into fine particles or it drained out during a previous oil change.

I think I'll repair it as best I can and keep it as a emergency backup. I can get a new one for $200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJEvHDaweP8

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is the frozen pinion is a direct result of the water ingress. Replace everything for peace of mind.

Nomadic

Interesting. When the shaft was put all the way in there wasn't any noticeable play. Maybe get some leverage on the shaft when it is all the way seated and see if there is too much play. If it is fine, then get a new backing plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks