• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put on your thinking caps. Oil leaking

MG2936

SKF 49927 There is much information on it on the SKF web site. A standard Nitrile seal is good for a temp of 250 degrees, the seal temp will run 30 degrees hotter then the engine temp because of friction. If your deuce is running 200 on a hot day, you are pushing the seal close to the max. The 49927 seal is good for 400 degrees. It is also twice the cost of a standard M35 seal.
Thank you to all the guys who suggested my problem may have been bad seals. It got me thinking and sure enough there are today better seals than what was designed for the M35 back in the 1960s. I installed what you might call a premium seal and the truck hasen't leaked a drop. I'm on the road again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks