• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow chains on FMTV tires

ramdough

Do the Pewag 395/85-r20 chains with the MRAP stamp on the cams fit each tire option that came on the FMTV’s the same?

The reason I ask, Pewag’s web says that the dash number chains are for 14.00R20’s but I confirmed with other forum members that the ones marked MRAP are the right ones for FMTV. So, does the tread version make a difference? I have MVT’s.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 2c, an LMTV would be the last vehicle I would try to run chains on due to all the air lines in harms way of a loose chain. But, you didn't say what vehicle the tires were on!

ramdough

I watched a YouTube Army training video on installing the chains, but they did not mention the little cable piece.

I could not tell by looking at one what it was for.

ramdough

I re-read the TM for a 1083 regarding snow chains. They only listed instructions for the rear 4 tires. Is that because there is only a trick to get them on the back or are they implying that you should not install chains on the front wheels?

ramdough

I re-read the TM for a 1083 regarding snow chains. They only listed instructions for the rear 4 tires. Is that because there is only a trick to get them on the back or are they implying that you should not install chains on the front wheels?

Anyone know this answer?

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks