• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a M977 wheel fit a MTVR?

Efituned

So the truck I bought from auction has a busted front tire. I bought this tire and wheel off ebay, just to be able to roll the truck on/off the transport trailer. I was told it fits a M977. If not, then I can just swap the new tire on the the MTVR wheel.

Capture.PNGs-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That wheel is for a M-ATV/RG mrap. It may bolt up but the backspacing is wrong.

There is a thread on 7 ton wheels already

MAdams

What diameter stud does the M977 have? It might be best to bring the tire with you and just swap tires, no the rims

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is NOT an M977 HEMTT rim.

Discussion as to whether an M977 rim will fit an MTVR will yield information that is irrelevant to the OP.

I agree that unless other information is forthcoming, the OP should plan to swap tires but not wheels.

Efituned

I was just told it was a M977 wheel, but didn't really care as I was more so interested in the tire. I'll have the wheel/tire early next week. I can take some measurements and maybe someone can compare it to a MTVR wheel.

I am so use to dealing with vehicles that have 4 wheels. Now that I think about it maybe I can just swap one of the rear wheel to the front just for transportation.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The goal is to get the truck onto a trailer for transport.

Options-

1) try to air up the existing tire on the truck. It's likely an O-ring or CTIS problem and will hold air long enough to get loaded. This is the best option. Least amount of work and highest chance of success.

2) if it wont hold air, load it with the flat tire. The sidewall is already creased so the tire should be considered expendable.

3) swap tires but not wheels. This is more work than it sounds like.

4) worth checking MRAP to MTVR wheel compatibility. I went digging for an answer for you and couldnt find a definitive answer. What I did find is that MTVR wheels are not compatible with the 939series trucks. MRAP wheels are also not compatible with the 939series trucks. Conceivably the MTVR wheels and MRAP wheels are compatible. I couldn't find anything to rule it out, nor could I find anything to confirm it.

Congrats on the truck acquisition!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The goal is to get the truck onto a trailer for transport.

Options-

1) try to air up the existing tire on the truck. It's likely an O-ring or CTIS problem and will hold air long enough to get loaded. This is the best option. Least amount of work and highest chance of success.

2) if it wont hold air, load it with the flat tire. The sidewall is already creased so the tire should be considered expendable.

3) swap tires but not wheels. This is more work than it sounds like.

4) worth checking MRAP to MTVR wheel compatibility. I went digging for an answer for you and couldnt find a definitive answer. What I did find is that MTVR wheels are not compatible with the 939series trucks. MRAP wheels are also not compatible with the 939series trucks. Conceivably the MTVR wheels and MRAP wheels are compatible. I couldn't find anything to rule it out, nor could I find anything to confirm it.

Congrats on the truck acquisition!
HET and PLS wheels are about the closest relationship to the MTVR

Camoguy

Not exactly sure what wheels that I purchased. I was hoping that they would fit to avoid swapping rims. The problem I run into is my studs being to short. The wheel is about 1/4” thicker than the 7 ton wheel. Everything else looks the same. The pictures below show the new wheels mounted on the 7 ton. Could not stand it. I Just had to try it. 🤔

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Not exactly sure what wheels that I purchased. I was hoping that they would fit to avoid swapping rims. The problem I run into is my studs being to short. The wheel is about 1/4” thicker than the 7 ton wheel. Everything else looks the same. The pictures below show the new wheels mounted on the 7 ton. Could not stand it. I Just had to try it. 🤔
MATV MRAP wheels.

If the mtvr uses the same hub pilot stud m22 stud as civilian use then you need these pictured below.

HET and PLS Wheels are you only alternatives

Maybe Buffalo rcv wheels as they are made for heavy planets. I have quite a few of them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Camoguy

HET wheels will NOT fit. The offset is wrong and they rub suspension components.

I have some MTVR wheels in NC if needed.
How are you determining that this is a HET wheel? It fits with no rubbing. The offset is actually less than the original oshkosh mk23 7 ton wheel. It’s definitely not a 7 ton wheel. I plan to try the lug nuts mentioned above by SIMP5782. The Dirty wheel in pic is the original.

Attachments

TacMac2012

How are you determining that this is a HET wheel? It fits with no rubbing. The offset is actually less than the original oshkosh mk23 7 ton wheel. It’s definitely not a 7 ton wheel. I plan to try the lug nuts mentioned above by SIMP5782. The Dirty wheel in pic is the original.

I didn't say that was a HET wheel, just stated that a HET wheel won't fit. I have tried.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks