• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock horn replacement

Stevev

Hey guys
I ordered a new louder horn and it only has a blue power wire and the unit grounds when you bolt it in I guess
the current horn has two wires with identical plugs any idea on how I would wire it so I have 24v to the new horn?

Wire 26a is 24+ power to the horn, wire 25a is the horn button, which grounds the circuit. You need to figure out how to make the horn button ground to activate the horn.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use a meter to check which wire has power while someone is pressing the horn button. Make sure the switch is on.

Stevev

I figure it would be easy
so are both wires power?
i tried testing them with my meter individually and got nothing when pressing the horn but old horn works fine

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wire 26a is 24+ power to the horn, wire 25a is the horn button, which grounds the circuit. You need to figure out how to make the horn button ground to activate the horn.
It seems like you need to insulate the horn from ground when you mount it. Connect 26a to the wire on the horn. Connect 25a to the horn body.

Stevev

This was a cheap horn
only $30 and is 350 db
is there a horn you recommend?
i just wanted a louder one then the mouse squeak I have now...lol

Chief B

This was a cheap horn
only $30 and is 350 db
is there a horn you recommend?
i just wanted a louder one then the mouse squeak I have now...lol
This is what I added to mine. For the button I simply added a button for it to the ammo can i mounted on the radio tray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A relay in the circuit will work also. Wire 26a to one side of the windings as well as one contact. The other side of the windings is connected to 25a. The other contact is wired to the single horn wire. The horn is grounded through its mounting.
The horn button grounds the relay when pressed, sending +24 to the horn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks