• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97s - just letting you know

ida34

Blythewoodjoe said:
Well I got my SF97 in today. FedEx. I paid for the truck on 2-21-08 so it was 3 months in waiting. Not to bad I guess. Transferred my tag to it today and drove it some. I do find some of the dates and so forth kind of funny. The SF97 is dated and signed over to GL on 1-27-08. That was 3 days before the auction closed. I guess it sat somewhere until last week.

My favorite part is the odometer statement. It reads:

I, Roger….. state that the odometer now reads 7,290 miles and to the best of my knowledge reflects the actual mileage of the vehicle

“Roger” signed the form on 1-27-08. But the funny part, the number “7290”, is what I mistakenly put on my “request for SF97” in March. You see I went out to the truck and copied the info for the request form from the truck. When I wrote the mileage I had forgotten I had driven it several miles to “test” drive it. So the mileage on the truck when I picked it up was less than 7290. Oops, my bad. I just wonder where Roger got the number he put on the form in January? I also noticed the date for Rogers signature line is printed not hand written. It would appear it was printed at the same time the rest of the info on the form was printed. Same text and same shade of ink. The GL rep. hand printed the date on the signature line.

I was speaking with someone about that a few minutes ago and they said, “what’s the big deal, they probably sign a stack of them at once and print them as they need them”. I know that can’t be the case, that kind of practice might land someone in jail. It is a curious thing though how they made the same mistake as I did with the mileage.

I did get a waiver letter stating I didn’t have to pay the $60.00 because of the wait. I guess that was good since I didn’t sign the SF97 request form.

I would expect the mileage to show what you put down in the request. That is why they want us to verify the information. Back when we picked up the truck and the form up at the same time the GL guy and I would verify the information on the SF-97 to make sure it is correct. As to the odometer statement, if he does not "remember" or have records to the contrary then the mileage you gave to him would be "to the best of" his knowledge. They may print them off and he may sign a batch of them. I would not expect them to print one sign one. Definitely not something someone would go to jail for. I got a stack of my 97's yesterday. Now I have only one more to go then I am done for now. I am just glad to have mine and am glad other people are getting theirs.

Jakelc15

Finally got mine today. it only took them about 5 months or so :shock: Although it didn't stop me from driving it! Now to see if Maryland will take it!

FormerNewMVGuy

Got my title today for the last truck. submitted 4/02/08-recieved 6/05/08, Not to shabby, and i dont call at all to complain, actually i never called them once from the time i submitted the request, Maybe they are getting caught up?

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting Better

Got my SF97 and title totday. About 8 weeks from sale date and 6 weeks from SF97 reuqest. Getting A LOT better. I wonder why they sent a Florida title along?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Getting Better

Finally got mine today for a M35A2 that I already sold :) I sent the form in on 4/14/08 and the FedEx man showed up 10 weeks later. Still waiting on another one submitted at the same time. Arghhh.

SrIrie

Faxed my SF97 form on 5/23/08 and just received my paper work today 7/3/08 so 42 days they must be catching up on all the paper work. :mrgreen: They did not charge me the fee ether. [thumbzup]

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So has anyone been charged the $60.00 fee recently? The reason I ask is I have a couple trucks that I wasn't planning on getting the SF-97 but if there is a good chance I won't be charged I will probably get them.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, one week! That really is caught up! I submitted one on 7/22 so we'll see how long it takes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks