• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97s - just letting you know

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
BKubu said:
60 day wait??? I have been waiting since January 4th and I was told it would be a few more weeks. That will make it about 80s by the time I get my SF97s. However, I like the waiving of the fees. For that, I'd wait a bit to get my paperwork. As they say, I've got more time than money.
Wait just a minute Bruce, weren't we told that mid January paperwork was currently being processed?, about 3 weeks ago?......

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They might have said that, but I received a message from a Jean Payton from GL in which she said it would be a couple of more weeks (I just re-read her message...she said a couple of more weeks, not a few weeks).

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sephirothq said:
I called on Friday and was told they have received my forms and it would take 45 days. So it looks ok at this point.
"The check is in the mail"..............

sailor2000

I called GL last friday about the SF97s I had requested 2/3/08. They acknowledged the forms were signed into the system on 2/4/08. I was was told to expect to wait another 30 to 60 days. They said they are averaging 120 days to issue them now. aua

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's unbelieveable, and should have no excuse for this. 4 months to get an SF-97 issued? Why not just delay it until the election; after all, if Hillary gets elected, we won't get to keep these anyway.

GL, are you doing any work? Don't give us any crap about "oh, our job is SO hard". There is NO reason why we shouldn't be getting a simple form within 30 days regardless of how many trucks you sold recently, and if you or DRMS is holding up the works, then you should have the integrity and honesty to tell us why. Lord knows we paid enough for these trucks and equipment, we deserve to get them titled and registered within a fairly short time frame. (Rob and I have 4 deuces sitting around on the farm waiting on paperwork.) Absolutely unbelieveable.

Has anyone seen Robyn around here recently? The last I saw her login was on March 26th. Lots of questions to answer since then...

Melvinitis

I submited all the docs less the SF97 to the Wisconsin DOT two weeks ago. All former military vehicles have to go to their research dept. So I sent it with everything I have including the note from GL saying 45-60 days, but that I have heard from others it is taking 6 months. The DOT has had it fro two weeks, no calls yet, so I am optamistic my plates are in the mail.

Point, it is worth talking to your DOT and seeing what they think, maybe they will cut you a break and issue you tittle with out the SF97.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Too bad they don't go back to handing it to you at the local sale when you pick it up. That was fine the whole thing started because local GL guys made mistakes so we are waiting and paying for their incompetence. Madawg you are right if we think this is bad wait till either H or O get elected we will be waiting for everything. Just take a trip to a public health clinic to see what that is like.

USMilitarySurplus

maddawg308 said:
That's unbelieveable, and should have no excuse for this. 4 months to get an SF-97 issued? Why not just delay it until the election; after all, if Hillary gets elected, we won't get to keep these anyway.

GL, are you doing any work? Don't give us any crap about "oh, our job is SO hard". There is NO reason why we shouldn't be getting a simple form within 30 days regardless of how many trucks you sold recently, and if you or DRMS is holding up the works, then you should have the integrity and honesty to tell us why. Lord knows we paid enough for these trucks and equipment, we deserve to get them titled and registered within a fairly short time frame. (Rob and I have 4 deuces sitting around on the farm waiting on paperwork.) Absolutely unbelieveable.

Has anyone seen Robyn around here recently? The last I saw her login was on March 26th. Lots of questions to answer since then...
Ummm right here. And I'm not sure what else to say, maddawg. I understand that you're frustrated. But as stated, they're working on everyone's paperwork. And frankly, it's not some form - it's a government controlled document.

From what I understand, ARMYMAN30YearsPlus, the procedure they used to have of handing it to buyers at the local sale didn't work very well. Many of our customers were receiving inaccurate or incomplete paperwork. Actually, there was a gentleman on another thread who said the DRMO had a high error rate when they filled in the forms.

I don't blame anyone who may be upset. But we can't alleviate that any other way than to continue to process the forms. The abundance of requests for titling forms is a good sign however that the trucks are still making it into the hands of folks who want to drive them.

TheBuggyman

Hey! I've got a novel idea for GL! :idea:

Why not wait to sell us a truck (and collect your fee) until YOU have an ACCURATE title in hand? :shock:

Why do these trucks go to auction without the supporting paperwork? :?

I wanna drive my truck! :twisted:

You folks need to seriously rethink your business practices! :?: :?: :?: :?:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Conversely, rethink your buying practices... Buy a truck from someone that has already gone thru the GL process and has paperwork in hand.. Sure you pay more, but if it's all set paperwork wise, thats gotta be worth something... You just need to figure out how much mroe your gonna want to pay for the paperwork someone else waited for...

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
emmado22 said:
Conversely, rethink your buying practices... Buy a truck from someone that has already gone thru the GL process and has paperwork in hand.. Sure you pay more, but if it's all set paperwork wise, thats gotta be worth something... You just need to figure out how much mroe your gonna want to pay for the paperwork someone else waited for...
Well, the first time, I waited 30 days.....Stupid me thought maybe that would be the case this time. Now its apparently 4 Fing months......I've already waited 2.... :evil:

TheBuggyman

emmado22 said:
Sorry, but that kind of reply kind of chaps me........

You and I and everyone else here knows that a GL truck is 30 to 50% of the cost of a "good one". The major risk is buying a vehicle from GL is that it is not tested and found to be good, not waiting an amount of time that is subject to change at the whim of the folks asleep at the wheel.

If you bought a vehicle from a car dealership, regardless of auction or mainstream sales, you would expect everything in a prompt fashion, correct? Now, I do understand the implications of dealing with the Government and fully accept a slight time delay, but if the said dealership selling you your vehicle said "we'll get you on your way in 30 to 120 days" wouldn't you be miffed? Why can GL not have the titles ready for these vehicles BEFORE they go to auction? That is all I am asking.

So, by being the "GL moderator" are you telling me to rethink my buying practices, pound sand, because GL is what it is and nothing is going to change? I will not rethink my buying practices as they are quite sound as it is, several thousand dollars for a title that SHOULD BE with the truck on pick-up is not a bargain. Again, all I want to know is why an ACCURATE title is not provided with the vehicle before it is put up for auction.

If I ran my business the way GL does then I would be out of business. I could not imagine telling a customer "pay me now in full and I'll get to it in a couple of months."

Now, if I have interpreted your response incorrectly, I apologize, but it did seem to come from GL's side of the fence........

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
maddawg308 said:

This is total crap....I myself have been looking at 7 trucks that I brought home in Jan, submitted paperwork first week in Feb......still waiting......and now its 120 days to turn around the forms?

FreightTrain

Banned
I hate to tell ya this FMJ.You have a LONG LOOOOONG wait.I sent mine in first week of january.Got confirmation 3 times that it was recieved and started on 1-7-08.I have not seen NOTHING yet.While I only want it for the paper since my truck is already tagged and rolling legal since bama does not require a Title on Pre75 vehicles but I side with those poor souls that are getting Screwed by Government Lethargic and their Incompetent and fraudulent ways.Fraudulent because the website said 30 days.....then changed it to 45 now it is 4 freaking months cause of incompetence Flat out.I can legally buy a Fully automatic beltfed machinegun faster and that requires a whole lot more stuff than getting a bill of sale(most don't get a title).Heck,I got a Federal Firearms License faster than this.I think my FFL took 3 months.The Government paperwork line doesn't fly.Even the Government is not this slow.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
But wait, didn't Robyn say that they were processing mid January requests just a month ago, I mean you should surely have your SF97 certificates by now?........

I'm going to contact an attorney, and the NM Dmv. This is total B fing S.....

My concealed carry permit with the state of New Mexico took less time than this.......

.....waiting for the GL mod to chime in and carry the GL water mixed with GL Koolaid now......

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
bulldog_mack13 said:
Its two women , thats it , just two , from what I was told over the phone , im 45+ days now and waiting
But wait, weren't we told they are cross training personnel.......? a month ago?

Oh but wait again, I was told it's DRMS holding up the show now.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FreightTrain said:
I hate to tell ya this FMJ.You have a LONG LOOOOONG wait.I sent mine in first week of january.Got confirmation 3 times that it was recieved and started on 1-7-08.I have not seen NOTHING yet.While I only want it for the paper since my truck is already tagged and rolling legal since bama does not require a Title on Pre75 vehicles but I side with those poor souls that are getting Screwed by Government Lethargic and their Incompetent and fraudulent ways.Fraudulent because the website said 30 days.....then changed it to 45 now it is 4 freaking months cause of incompetence Flat out.I can legally buy a Fully automatic beltfed machinegun faster and that requires a whole lot more stuff than getting a bill of sale(most don't get a title).Heck,I got a Federal Firearms License faster than this.I think my FFL took 3 months.The Government paperwork line doesn't fly.Even the Government is not this slow.
Hey man, be gracious, they are waiving the 60.00 fee.........how many other companies would do that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks